ShortPedia
Shortpedia Mobile App Download Shortpedia News App

Image Credit: The New England Journal of Medicine

Woman goes blind after showering with contacts left in

Just imagine going blind only because you used to shower wearing your contact lenses. That’s what happened to a 41-year-old woman in the UK, who damaged her left eye after contracting a parasite associated with contact lenses because of her habit of showering with her contacts in. The woman, who used to wear soft, disposable contact lenses, recently tested 20/200 in the left eye, making her “legally blind” by UK standards.