"Politics is not a laboratory experiment where you can control everything. You have to take calls even when you feel that matters may spin out of your hand."
- Amit Shah
A great politician Amit Shah is known for his outstanding management and organizational skills. Popular as right-hand of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, he is the Minister of Home Affairs and the President of National Party BJP.
Shah holds the record of not losing any election he contested. In childhood, he always dreamt of working for the country and joined Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) to serve the nation. Being an active member he worked for the RSS student’s wing of 'Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad' for over several years in Ahmedabad. In 1984, Shah became a member of BJP and work as a poll agent at the Naranpura ward of Ahmedabad. He holds many prestigious posts within the party including state secretary, vice president, and general secretary
Furthermore, he was elected as Gujarat MLA in 1997, 1998, 2002, and 2007. He became the President of the Bhartiya Janta Party in the year 2014 after the great victory of PM Narendra Modi in General Elections. Amit Shah also elected to the Rajya Sabha from Gujarat
- The full name of Amit Shah is Amitbhai Anilchandra Shah, who was born on 22 October 1964 in Mumbai to a well-known family of Anilchandra Shah and Kusumben Shah.
- He married to Sonal Shah in 1987. They have a son named Jay Shah
- He was accused of 'Fake Encounter Case' and in 2010, he arrested for many charges including murder and extortion and also banned to visit Gujarat. However, in 2012 he was allowed by the Supreme Court to enter in Gujarat
- In 2000, he was the President of the Ahmedabad District Cooperative Bank (ADCB)
- Amit Shah is current chairman of Gujarat Cricket Association