“Never give up. Today is hard tomorrow will be worse. But the day after tomorrow will be sunshine.”
- Virat Kohli
Virat Kohli is the coolest and most talented youth icon of India. He is the captain of the Indian Cricket Team and counted among the best batsmen in the world. Virat and his outstanding performances in the matches make him an idol of many youngsters and budding cricketers.
Moreover, Kohli is the world's No.1 ODI batsman. He made his international ODI debut on 18 August 2008 against Srilanka and international T20 debut on 12 June 2010 against Zimbabwe. An international test debut made by him on 20 June 2011 against West Indies. In the 2008 Under-19 World cup, Virat led the Indian team.
Kohli is the recipient of Padma Shri, Arjuna Award, Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World (3 times), Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award for Cricket and so many other renowned awards.
Virat broke many records in cricket and also set various new records. He is the first Indian player who hits 3 consecutive ODI centuries. Kohli is the fastest player in the world to reach 15000 international runs and to score 17000 international runs (363 innings). He has the best Test, ODI rating and T20I rating.
- Virat was born in Delhi, India 5 November 1988 to Prem Kohli and Saroj Kohli. He has two siblings Vikas and Bhavna
- In 2017, he tied the knot with his lady love and lady luck, the gorgeous Anushka Sharma
- He is the captain of the team Royal Challengers Bangalore in Indian Premier League
- Kohli is the first Indian captain to score two or more double centuries in Tests
- Virat included among the 100 most influential people in the world, according to Time Magazine in 2018