1. Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Thawarchand Gehlot launched a 24×7 toll-free mental health rehabilitation helpline ‘KIRAN’ (1800-500-0019) Monday.
2. The helpline aims to provide the first line of counseling in response to the increasing mental health issues among people due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
3. It will offer mental health rehabilitation services such as early screening, first-aid, psychological support, distress management, promoting positive behavior and mental well-being, and psychological crisis management.
4. The helpline will be available in 13 languages including Tamil, Hindi, English, Gujarati, Urdu, Assamese, Kannada, and Malayalam.
5. It will be operated by 75 mental health professionals from 25 helpline centers, who will act as the first line of support.
6. Take care of yourself. If you are facing any problem regarding your mental health, kindly call 1800-500-0019.