"I Am More Spiritual Than Religious; Besides I Am Not A Fanatic"
Aamir Khan is a versatile actor, an excellent producer and a super talented director in Indian Cinema. Every time his unique performance in the movies touched the heart of his fans and he earned nicknames like Mr. Perfectionist, Ace Khan, Tom Hanks of India, etc. Not only in India but he is appreciated in China equally. Aamir is the world's biggest superstar and has a huge fan following around the globe.
Before getting his first lead role in the movie 'Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak', Aamir appeared on the silver screen as a child actor 'Yadon ki Baarat' and after that, he also played a role in movie 'Holi'. He counted among those celebs who delivered the most commercially successful blockbusters in India.
Aamir movies such as Fanna, Rang De Basanti, Ghajini,3 idiots, Dhoom 3, PK, Dangal, Secret Superstar and others were created history in the world of Bollywood. He honored by Padma Shri, Padma Bhusan and also other prestigious awards like Filmfare and National Film Award. He gets honorarytitle - National Treasure of India from the government of China.
In 2001, he produced his first film under his production company (Aamir Khan Productions) was Lagaan. He earned numerous honor for this film. He made his debut as a director in the movie 'Taare Zameen Par' and received Filmfare awards for Best Film and Best Director. His movies are always based on social issues and create lots of awareness to deal with it.
- Aamir was born on 14 March 1965 in Mumbai, India to Indian Film Producer Tahir Hussain and Tahir Hussain
- He worked as an assistant director in movies Manzil Manzil (1984) and Zabardast (1985)
- In 1986 Aamir married Reena Dutta but they separated their path after 16 years of marriage. They have 2 children Ira and Junaid
- In 2005, he married film director Kiran Rao and now both are proud parents of Azad Rao Khan
- Aamir also hosted a show on national television known as 'Satyamev Jayate' where he focused on sensitive social issues