"Every individual suffers from the fear of failure, but you can change your destiny only when you overcome it."
- Anupam Kher
Anupam Kher is a B-town actor full of talents. He made his acting debut in Bollywood at the age of 29 by performing the role of an old man in the movie 'Saaransh' (1984). His first performance on the big screen was appreciated by everyone and he received numerous awards including Filmfare Award for the best actor. After that, he has acted in different genres of movies in different languages and appeared in more than 500 films.
Anupam is a recipient of several prestigious awards for his acting and he was also honored by the Indian Government with Padma Shri and Padma Bhusan for his contribution to the field of cinema and art. Furthermore, he wins the Filmfare Award five times for Best Comedian.
Kher also performed in international movies like Silver Linings Playbook, Golden Globe, Lust: Caution, etc. He also hosted television shows such as Say Na Something To Anupam Uncle, The Anupam Kher Show, and others.
- Anupam Kher was born on March 7, 1955, in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh to Pushkarnath Kher and Dulari Kher and has a younger brother Raju Kher (a Kashmiri Pandit family). He is the Alumni of National School of Drama, New Delhi
- He is the former chairman of the Central Board of Film Certification, Film and Television Institute of India as well as National School of Drama
- Anupam first married Madhumalati but they separated in 1980 for some issues. In 1885 he married to his best friend Kiron Kher and have a stepson Sikander Kher
- He won back to back 8 Filmfare Awards in different categories for his excellent acting
- He worked in so many blockbusters and highest-grossing films in Indian Cinema such as Ram Lakhan, DDLJ, Hum Apke Hain Kaun, Beta, Judwaa, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, MS Dhoni, etc.