“We walk together, we move together, we think together, we resolve together, and together we take this country forward.''
- Narendra Modi
Narendra Damodardas Modi, the great personality and a great Prime Minister of India. He is the first-ever PM of the country who was born in Independent India. In 2014, he served as the Prime Minister of India for the first time and succeed to maintain his position in the General Election of 2019 with a full majority.
Before holding the crown of PM, Modi had served as the Chief Minister of Gujarat state from 2001 to 2014. He is the longest-serving CM of Gujarat.
In the1970's he joined Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) organization and set up a unit of the RSS’s students’ wing, the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad. After that, he appointed for the many posts within RSS. Modi joined the BJP in 1987, and within a year he became the General Secretary of the Gujarat branch of the party. In 1995, Modi became the National Secretary of the party and after three years he held the post of General Secretary till he became the CM of Gujarat.
As a PM of India, he introduces numerous schemes in favor of the country and for the citizens of India. Jan Dhan Yojna, Make in India, Beti Bachao Beti Padhao, Swachh Bharat Mission, PM Mudra Yojna, Skill India Mission are some popular schemes launched by him. GST and Demonetisation are the two major actions taken by the Modi to lift an Indian economy.
- Narendra Modi was born on 17 September 1950, in Vadnagar to Damodardas Mulchand Modi and Heeraben Modi
- He married Jashodaben Narendrabhai Modi in 1968 when he was only 13. However, they are not together
- In his early teens, Modi left his home to travel across India and stayed in many ashrams
- In 2002 Gujarat riots, cases were also filed against Modi over his alleged involvement in the incident, later closed by Supreme Court due to lack of evidence
- He is super active on social media and after Obama, Modi is the world’s most-followed leader on Twitter