The Miss World Pageant (2000) title-holder Priyanka Chopra is the Desi Girl for her fans. Her debut movie was Hero which released in 2003. She is a global icon and inspires everyone with her outstanding work
Priyanka is a Padma Shri holder along with other prestigious awards. She also counted in the World's 100 most powerful women by Forbes.
The list of her movies is so long and each of her performance standing her out from others. Her breakthrough role in Aitraaz (2004) receive critical acclaim. After that, she has done lots of breathtaking films including Fashion for which she gets awards for the best actress. She is not only a versatile actress but also an excellent singer. She released some singles as well. 'In my city' was her debut single. She is the first South Asian woman who did American network series by playing the role of Alex Perrish in 'Quantico'.
- Priyanka Chopra was born on July 18, 1982, in Jamshedpur, India to Dr. Ashok Chopra and Dr. Madhu Chopra (both Indian Army Physicians) and has a younger brother Siddharth Chopra
- She did her schooling from La Martinière in Lucknow, and St. Maria Goretti College in Bareilly. She also moved to the United States for study
- Runner-Up Priyanka won the title of Femina Miss India World 2000
- She married a famous American singer Nick Jonas. They tied the knot in Udaipur, India
- She is a philanthropist and was also appointed as the national and global Unicef Goodwill Ambassador for Child Rights