Most Twitter users don’t follow political ‘elites’ but celebrities: Researchers


Content Team
Image Credit: the weekend leader

Most Twitter users don't follow political elites and they are much more likely to follow celebrities than an elected official, suggest researchers. Despite the prominence and impact of presidents, congressmen, journalists, pundits and the news media, researchers found that only 40% of Twitter users follow one or more political "elites" and the remaining 60% follow no political actors at all, according to the study published in the journal Science Advances.