1. The new Parliament building, whose foundation stone was laid by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on December 10, will likely be ready by 2022.
2. Rs 861 crore to be spent for the construction of the building and it will directly involve 2,000 people and indirectly involve 9,000 people.
3. Tata Projects Limited won the bid to construct the new Parliament building, close to the existing one, at a cost of Rs 861.90 crore under the Central Vista redevelopment project in September this year.
4. The new building will have an area of 64,500 square metres, the new building will be earthquake resistant.
5. An adjacent building, which will come upon the site of Shram Shakti Bhavan, will have rooms for all MPs and will be connected via an underpass.
6. As many as 1,224 MPs can sit together in the building, while a new office complex for all MPs of both the houses would be built at the site of the existing Shram Shakti Bhawan.
7. MPs will be seated in two-seater benches, which can accommodate three in case of joint sessions, in a horseshoe pattern in front of the Speaker.Topics #narendra modi #New Parliament Building #Parliament of India