1. In a bid to tackle the water crisis and reduce man-animal conflict, Assam’s Kaziranga National Park is restoring its wetlands.
2. According to The New Indian Express report, the dearth of water in winter often leads to human-animal conflicts on the park’s fringe areas, among others.
3. The development of wetlands vis-à-vis conservation of water has reduced the conflicts significantly states the report.
4. The Kaziranga landscape has a good number of animals. However, despite this, the human-animal conflicts are minimal as the availability of resources for the animals within the park is quite high.
5. By developing the wetlands, authorities are basically ensuring the availability of water for the animals and birds all throughout the year.