1. First aid for burns
- To treat a minor burn, run cool water over the affected area for up to 15 minutes.
- If that’s not possible, apply a cool compress to the area instead.
- Avoid applying ice to burned tissue. It can cause more damage.
2. First aid CPR
- Place both hands on the center of their chest, with one hand on top of the other.
- Press straight down to compress their chest repeatedly, at a rate of about 100 to 120 compressions per minute.
- Compressing the chest to the beat of “Staying Alive” by the Bee Gees or “Crazy in Love” by Beyoncé can help you count at the correct rate.
- Continue performing chest compressions until professional help arrives.
3. First aid for nosebleed
- Sit down and lean their head forward.
- Using the thumb and index finger, firmly press or pinch the nostrils closed.
- Continue to apply this pressure continuously for five minutes.
- Check and repeat until the bleeding stops.
4. First aid for heatstroke
- Cover with a cool, damp sheet.
- Apply a cool, wet towel to the back of their neck.
- Sponge them with cool water.