1. For the second year in a row, Karnataka has bagged the top rank in Niti Aayog’s Innovation Index.
2. In the second Innovation Index released by Niti Aayog, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Telangana and Kerala also made it to the top five, while Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and Bihar were ranked at the bottom.
3. Among Union Territories, Delhi topped the chart, while in the North-Eastern and Hill States category Himachal Pradesh occupied the top spot.
4. Amongst major states, the average innovation score is 25.35. Karnataka tops at 42.5, which is attributable to its strong number of venture capital deals, registered GIs and ICT exports.
5. Maharashtra was ranked second with an innovation score of 38, while Bihar finished last at 14.5.