- Amazon was started as a book retailer out of the founder, Jeff Bezos’ garage. The first book that Amazon ever sold was Fluid Concepts and Creative Analogies by Doug Hofstadter.
2) During Amazon’s first month in business, it received orders from customers in 50 US states and 45 countries across the world. Every time someone made a purchase a bell would ring in the office.
3) Before “Amazon” was fixed as the name of the website, the founder Bezos thought of two other options, “Cadabra” and “Relentless.” While Cadabra did not make the cut, Relentless impressed the founder enough to buy the domain name.
4) AmazonSmile allows its users to support charities of their choice. O.5% of the product’s rate is donated to charity.
5) Amazon employs over 563,000 people across the globe, more than Google, Facebook, and Alibaba combined.
6) Currently Amazon is trying to develop a futuristic system PrimeAir which would allow Amazon to deliver packages in 30 minutes through the use of drones.
7) Pause for one second and Amazon delivered 35 packages in that time slot.