1. Nine out of ten accused of sexual offenses are let off in states like West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Gujarat, Odisha, and Karnataka.
2. According to National Crime Records Bureau, 1,56,327 rape cases were on trial in 2018. Of these, trial for just 17,313 cases was completed, resulting in the conviction of Just 4,708 cases.
3. A total of 28,750 rape cases were sent for trial during 2017, but only 3.5 percent resulted in a conviction.
4. The report also revealed that the conviction rate was even lower in metropolitan cities at 27.2%.
5. The report stated that the charge sheeting rate in rape cases has come down from 95.4% in 2013 to 86.6% in 2017.
6. While the conviction rate in murder cases is at over 43%, it is 32.2% in the rape cases.Topics #Rape #Rape Cases #Rape Cases In India