1. By 2025, we may be among the 1.8 billion people who would not have water to drink because two-thirds of the world’s population will live in water-stressed regions.
2. There are 1.7 million unidentified viruses of the type known to infect people still exist. We could be hit by anyone of these next and it could turn out to be more deadly than Covid-19.
3. By 2030, we will need two whole planets to accommodate our consumption patterns and waste.
4. We are seeing more carbon dioxide in our atmosphere than at any time in human history.
5. Indonesia will have to move its capital city as its current one is sinking because the sea levels are rising at the fastest rate in 3000 years.
6. Plastic pollution in the ocean is likely to triple by 2040 to 29 million metric tons. This will impact marine life which, by virtue of the food chain will affect our health.
7. The frequency of warm days is projected to increase by 55% and warm nights by 75% by the end of the 21st century.Topics #Crises #Natural Disaster #Poluation #Rising Temperature #Waste