1. According to an international report, two in five of the world’s plant species are at risk of extinction as a result of the destruction of the natural world.
2. Based on researchers’ findings, approximately forty percent or two-fifths of the world’s plants are at risk of extinction.
3. Scientists have warned that the planet is racing against time to name and describe new species before they disappear.
4. These unknown species of plants are a huge source of medicines, fuels, and foods, they are called a ‘treasure chest’.
5. Scientists believe these species of plants can tackle several of humanity’s challenges, including treatments for coronavirus and other pandemic microbes.