Don’t to prevent COVID-19 stigma
1. Never spread names/identities of those affected or under quarantine on social media.
2. Avoid spreading fear & panic; do not label any community/area for the spread of COVID-19.
3. Do not target healthcare & sanitary workers or police, they are there to help you
4.Address the patient as ‘people recovering from corona’ rather than COVID victims
Do’s to prevent COVID-19 stigma
1.Appreciate & be supportive to people providing essential services
2.Share only authentic information from Govt sources, Health Ministry & WHO
3.Cross-check any information related to COVID-19 from reliable sources before sharing
4. Share positive stories of those who have recovered from Coronavirus
Standing together against COVID-19 stigma
1. People affected with COVID-19 like recovered patients & frontline workers may face discrimination due to fear & misinformation
2. Empowering people with health literacy is needed to counter prejudices & discrimination
3. Anyone can be infected but most people recover from it; patient & family needs our support
4. Targeting those rendering selfless service will only weaken our fight against COVID-19