1. Check the availability of your accommodation online first. Check if they are following Covid guidelines. And, go through the reviews too.
2. Read up on the requirements before you cross state or territory borders, as restrictions may change with little notice.
3. Not just masks, carry hand sanitizers (with at least 60% alcohol), surface disinfectant sprays and disposable gloves with you at all times.
4. If you are planning on hiring a car, check vehicle rental websites for enhanced cleaning procedures and social distancing measures.
5. Check the weather forecast beforehand so that you don’t land in any unwanted situations.
6. Once you reach your destination, make enquiries about the hygiene protocols that the hotel/staff are making use of.
7. Carry your own pillowcases and bedsheets just to be on the safer side.
8. While most five-star hotels and resorts have their own medical aid kits, during a pandemic, it’s wiser to carry your own.