1. The Bihar government has launched a programme to provide employment to beggars in the state by encouraging them to quit begging and offering them entrepreneurship.
2. The Bhikshavriti Nivaran Yojana aims to provide a life of dignity to the beggars by offering them a shot at becoming entrepreneurs or publicity managers for government programmes.
3. Many beggars have shown interest in selling vegetables or opening a small retail shop.
4. The State Society for Ultra Poor and Some Welfare (SAKSHAM) SAKSHAM, that is running the programme, plans to support 100 beggars in Patna.
5. The Bhikshavriti Nivaran Yojana is run by the Union Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment in 10 cities of the country.