1. A historic moment for Indian creators in the world, as Aishwarya Sridhar became the first Indian woman to be awarded the Wildlife Photographer of the Year award in the prestigious award’s 56th year.
2. The announcement was made at the Natural History Museum in London where Sridhar won among 50,000 entries from over 80 countries around the world.
3. The competition was a tough one as out of the several applications, only 100 images were shortlisted and awarded the prestigious award.
4. Sridhar won the award for the below photograph in the Behaviour Invertebrates category. The image is named Lights of passion and was captured using one of Canon’s premium DSLRs — EOS-1DX Mark II.
5. Aishwarya Sridhar is a wildlife photographer, writer, and filmmaker by profession. She is also a conservationist.
6. This, however, isn’t her first award in the field of photography. Her documentary Queen of Taru has been the winner at the 9th Wildlife Conservation Film Festival in New York.