1. Researchers at the University of Lethbridge in Canada recently released results that show that extracts from the cannabis drug could fight Covid-19.
2. The study found that extract from cannabis can affect Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) receptors in the host cells.
3. These receptors are known as the “entry point’ for coronavirus into host cells in the body.
4. Cannabidiol (CBD), also known as marijuana, helps in blocking the cells that enter the body from the novel coronavirus.
5. The initial results are further being investigated but it is possible that medical cannabis products could become a safe adjunct therapy for the prevention of COVID–19.