1. Cyclone Amphan is moving over many parts of the South Bay of Bengal at a speed of 13 kmph.
2. Bengal and Odisha have been warned as they are to be most severely affected. The storm is likely to reach Bengal on Wednesday.
3. Amphan is likely to gain more strength and intensify into a super cyclonic storm.
4. People living in coastal areas will have to be prepared for heavy rain and high-velocity winds, the Meteorological Department said.
5. The winds may cause damage to house, crops, plantations, and orchards, and power infrastructure.