1. Vikas Dubey is a notorious history-sheeter who belongs to the Dehat district of Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh. He is known to have multiple cases of murder, kidnapping, extortion, and rioting against him and he continued to be on the run.
2. He came under the limelight again recently after 8 UP police officials including the deputy superintendent of police were killed after being fired upon when a police team went to raid a house in search of Vikas Dubey.
3. Dubey’s entry into the world of crime happened after the desire to seek revenge for the unprecedented death of his father.
4. Since then, he is known to have over 60 criminal cases against him and strong backing from politicians in the state. In 2017, he admitted to having links with two BJP MLAs in an interrogation.
5. He had murdered a BJP leader Santosh Shukla inside Kanpur’s Dehat Shivli police station in 2001 but 25 policemen and all eyewitnesses to the killing turned hostile one after another, recalls the brother of the deceased Santosh Shukla. Even the investigating officer is said to have turned hostile in court which led to Dubey being acquitted.
6. Finally, He got arrested on 9th July from Ujjain, Madhyapradesh where he was hiding after killing 8 policemen in UP.Topics #Vikas Dubey #Vikas Dubey Encounter #Vikas Dubey Kanpur #Vikas Dubey Killing