1. India reported its biggest daily increase in the number of new cases which were over 7,000.
2. Considering the huge rise in cases, and analysis bu the director of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) concluded that India’s peak could occur in June or July.
3. According to the Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI), if the lockdown will be completely lifted after May 31, India’s peak should occur in mid-July.
4. One of the reasons for India’s new records in daily increase of cases is due to the ramp-up of testing.
5. The testing is said to be 20 times more than what it was in the beginning of April and as the testing capacity rises, more cases will be discovered.