1. JNU student Sharjeel Imam was arrested under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and was sent to police custody for four days in a case related to communal violence in northeast Delhi in February.
2. Devangana Kalita and another member of the group Natasha Narwal were arrested in the case in May by the Crime Branch of Delhi Police for rioting, unlawful assembly, and attempt to murder. Later, Delhi High Court granted them bail on September 1st, 2020.
3. While tracking the roots of the violence that broke out in the national capital, it was found that a Whatsapp group named ‘Kattar Hindu Ekta’, was used to mobilize and coordinate between rioters.
4. As of today, more than 8 people, including Tahir Hussain and Umar Khalid have been arrested under the Unlawful Activity Prevention Act (UAPA).
5. Delhi Police denied media reports citing Yogendra Yadav and Sitaram Yechury as co-conspirators in the riots.