1) Currently Cancer is the leading cause of death across the globe, however, 30% to 50%cancers are preventable and others can be cured.
2) Sadly due to poor economic and health conditions, 70% of all cancer deaths occur in low-income and middle-income countries.
3) The single largest preventable cause of cancer is Tobacco. It is responsible for almost22% of cancer-related deaths are caused due to tobacco. Avoiding tobacco is advised by all health professionals for the same reason.
4) There is also, vaccination to prevent cancer-causing infections. HPV infections can cause cervical cancer and Hepatitis B virus can cause liver cancer, vaccination against these two viruses could prevent 2.1 million cases.
5) There are over 100 types of cancer, and any part of the body can be affected. Common cancers diagnosed in men are prostate, lung, and colorectal for women most common cancers are breast, lung, and colorectal.
6) Only 30% of low-income countries reported cancer relieving services, while 90% of high-income countries have reported access to cancer relieving services.
7) Cancer is also an economic burden costing approximately US$ 1.6 trillion each year. Empathizing with patients and supporting friends and family suffering from Cancer is the duty of each ally.