1. New Zealand took us all by surprise when it managed to beat Covid-19 with its early and stringent measures. For regulations that seemed harsh then, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said she would “make no apologies” and went on free her country from the virus.
2. There were many praises going around for Taiwan’s President Tsai Ing-wen and Germany’s Angela Merkel. These success stories remained anecdotes only until this report came to prove it.
3. A research conducted by two female economists from UK universities shows that the infection rate and death rate are both lower in countries led by women as compared to those led by men.
4. The paper compared female and male-led countries by keeping a similar yardstick for population, geography, health expenditures, gender equality. The results only revealed that female-led countries fared better.
5. One of the areas that the research went into was the qualities that these leaders shared. It revealed that the inclusive, empathetic, science-based leadership could have contributed in the way women tackled the pandemic.
6. However, the study is also based on the fact that the data on deaths and infection rates will keep fluctuating and the study is based only on the immediate response to the pandemic.Topics #Coronavirus #Covid19 #Pandemic #Women Leadership