1. Despite battling with a pandemic-stricken year, smartphone shipments in India crossed 150 million units in 2020.
2. The sales figures have been shared by a new report by Counterpoint Research. As per the report, India’s smartphone shipments declined by 4 percent year-on-year, reaching just over 150 million units in 2020.
3. The decent overall sales despite a tough year is being credited to new use cases like e-learning and work from home.
4. As for the fourth quarter, the Indian smartphone market grew by 19 percent year-on-year. This was also because of an extended festive season as compared to Q4 2019, due to Diwali falling on November 14.
5. Chinese smartphone makers held a major market share as the anti-China sentiment slowly took a back seat.
6. Commenting on the competitive landscape, Research Analyst Shilpi Jain said, “The anti-China sentiments largely subsided by the end of the year with Chinese brands holding 75% market share in 2020.”
7. Among the players in the industry, Xiaomi managed to capture the top spot in Q4 2020 with a strong 13 percent year-on-year growth.Topics #Smartphones #Smartphones Shipped In 2020