1. Girls are twice less likely as boys to receive at least four years of schooling.
2. Nearly 40% of adolescent girls in the age group of 15-18 years are not attending school while 30% of girls from the poorest families have never set foot in a classroom.
3. It’s very tough for girls to step out at her will because one stalking case is reported every 55 minutes.
4. More than 6 million children are born to girls under the age of 19.
5. 5.2 million children are born to girls between 15-19 years and 7,80,000 born to girls under 15.
6. India is home to the highest number of child brides in the world with over 47% of girls getting married before the age of 18.
7. According to government data, some of the largest cities in India had more imbalanced sex ratios in 2011 than in rural areas.
8. Avery 50 second a girl child is killed in India