1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has visited 58 countries since 2015 at a total expenditure of Rs 517 crore, the government said in a written response to a question raised in the Rajya Sabha.
2. The Ministry of External Affairs also said that during PM Modi’s visits to foreign countries, some major MoUs on trade, investment, technology, and defence were signed.
3. According to the details provided by Muraleedharan, the prime minister made five visits each to the US, Russia, and China, and multiple trips to some other countries like Singapore, Germany, France, Sri Lanka, and the United Arab Emirates.
4. Some of the visits the prime minister undertook were multi-nation trips while some were standalone bilateral visits.
5. Modi’s last trip was to Brazil on Nov. 13-14 in 2019 where he attended a summit of influential grouping BRICS (Brazil-Russia-India-China-South Africa).