1. In 2014, Bill Gates had spoken about how poor our world is prepared when it comes to epidemics and the efforts most of us have taken over the years isn’t enough.
2. And now, the third richest man in the world, Bill Gates has revealed what’s the next threat that could crumble this world if we didn’t start working on it right now.
3. In an interview with YouTuber Veritasium last week, Gates revealed that bioterrorism and climate change are the threats humanity need to be ready to tackle.
4. “Within the next 40 years, increases in global temperatures are projected to raise global mortality rates by the same amount — 14 deaths per 100,000.” – Bill Gates
5. Mr. Gates said that By the end of the century, if emissions growth stays high, climate change could be responsible for 73 extra deaths per 100,000 people. In a lower emissions scenario, the death rate drops to 10 per 100,000.
6. “Also, related to pandemics is something people don’t like to talk about much, which is bioterrorism, that somebody who wants to cause damage could engineer a virus. So that means the chance of running into this is more than just the naturally caused epidemics like the current one.” – Bill Gates