1. Ever since the start of the Monsoon Session of Parliament, the government has denied having any data on several issues which are of public interest.
2. Data is crucial to understand how deep a problem is and in the event of the absence of one, it only highlights the lackadaisical approach.
3. On Saturday, the government denied having any data on student suicides during the lockdown.
4. On September 14, the Union Labour Ministry said there is no data on migrant deaths so the “question does not arise” of compensation.
5. Centre claimed there’s no record of the number of medium and small businesses (MSME) that have closed during the pandemic.