1. More than 3 million kids under the age of 5 years die every year due to environmental factors like pollution.
2. Almost 80% of urban waste in India is dumped in the river Ganga.
3. Last year, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change reported that to keep the rise in global temperatures below 1.5C this century, carbon dioxide emissions will have to be cut by 45% by 2030.
4. 800 million people or 11% of the world’s population is currently vulnerable to climate change impacts such as droughts, floods, heatwaves, extreme weather events, and sea-level rise.
5. Sea levels are rising three millimetres per year – the fastest recorded rates in 3,000 years.
6. A 2013 study found that farming uses up to 92% of our freshwater, with nearly one-third of that related to animal products.
7. 2019 was the second warmest year on record.