1. As the COVID-19 situation in Delhi continues to remain critical, the government is planning to carry out more tests among the residence to check the spread of the infection.
2. Due to the high demand for testing kits, scaling up the number of daily tests conducted has been a challenge in the national capital, like the rest of the country.
3. Starting from 19th Nov, Delhi started the use of paper-based COVID-19 test kit, which the makers claim can provide faster results.
4. Made by Tata Medical and Diagnostics Ltd (TataMD), the Feluda tests kits are more efficient and simpler than the existing ones.
5. The Kit has been approved by the Indian Council of Medical Research and Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) and the makers claim they are ready with a monthly production capacity of 10 lakh units a month to start with at its Chennai factory.Topics #Coronavirus #Covid 19 Test #Covid Test New Delhi #Covid19 #Delhi