1) Transports do more than we give them credit for, in fact, the world would not be the same if vehicles were not invented.
2) The first wheeled transport was invented around 3500 BC to carry small loads.
3) On January 29, 1886, Carl Benz applied for a patent for his “vehicle powered by a gas engine.” This is the memory of the first engine-powered vehicle.
4) Both the horse and donkey were domesticated for transportation about 4000 BC; the horse in Mesopotamia and the donkey in Egypt.
5) Biodiesel was invented in the 1890s by Rudolph Diesel when he created the diesel engine that could run on a variety of fuels including peanut oil.
6) Cars are so amazing that it would only take a month to drive to the moon if only a modern car drove at an average of 60 miles per hour straight up in the air.
7) Today one of out of 7 jobs in the United States is related to transportation. This includes train drivers, train operators and many more.Topics #Transport #Transport History